I started this blog at the beginning of this year because I enjoy creative writing. My dad and stepdad both were journalists, so I definitely feel writing is in my blood.
The Schmiddle Ages was born out of a thought I had about being considered middle age but not really knowing what that meant. I set out to try to define it in my writings but I realized that was as easy to do as trying to capture smoke with your bare hands.
This blog is ever evolving, as I am, and mirrors my journey into discovering who I am as a writer and the things I enjoy writing about. As I leave grammar aside (I hope one day to hire an editor for all that) and embark on this journey, I think I have finally come to the conclusion that being middle age is just a marker on the road of life. I still haven’t arrived but I have made some headway in my journey. I have lived just enough to have something to say. How exciting and terrifying at the same time!
Despite all the evolving this blog needs, I am honored to receive a Versatile Blogger Award from a blogger whose writings I admire. I would like to thank John Mark Miller for nominating me. This is my first ever blogging award! I enjoy reading his blog, the Artistic Christian. His passion for both art and Christian faith collide to create a symphony of writings that I believe are “music” to our Heavenly Father’s ears. I very much connect with the idea of expressing oneself in such a way that God, the Father, is glorified, and I contend, is very well pleased. You can visit his blog at www.theartisticchristian.wordpress.com.
Rules for Accepting This Award:
- Display the award on your blog.
- Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Present 10-15 deserving bloggers with the award.
- Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their nomination with a comment.
- Post seven things about yourself.
My Nominations for Versatile Blogger:
1. India Harrison-Green at So I Started this Blog…/www.soIstartedthisblog.wordpress.com
2. E. Wright at Fitly Spoken/www.eadamsgrace.wordpress.com
3. Jessica L Miller at Jessica L Miller/www.jessicalmiller.wordpress.com
4. Angela Edwards at Angela’s Accurate Administrative Services Blog/www.putittogether4u.wordpress.com
5. Rich Armstrong at Rich Sense/www.richsense.org
6. Timothy Pike at Dream, Play, Write!/www.theimportanceofbeingedited.wordpress.com
7. Leslie Newlin at Parchment Cadenza/www.parchmentcadenza.com
8. Shawn L. Bird at Shawn L. Bird/www.shawnbird.com
9. Marissa Othon at Winning Shots/www.winningshots.wordpress.com
10. “Cielo” at Ways of Life/www.waysofli5.wordpress.com
Seven Facts About Me
- I am a fourth generation Georgian, which makes me a true blue southern belle.
- I learned to speak Arabic while overseas for a semester during my junior year abroad in college. By the time the semester was over, I could get around the city in a taxi without trying to communicate in English. (Today, not so much)!
- As a kid, I would rescue abandoned pets and find homes for them.
- I have an undergraduate and graduate degree in sociocultural anthropology that I don’t use. (Who does)?
- I am an Angela Lansbury fan who started watching Murder She Wrote while in syndication.
- I love to swim and consider myself one with the dolphins. (Yes, I’m a bit Kooky).
- I would love to travel in outer space one day.